Northern Music Awards Launched 


By: Hamza Lansah Lolly

The biggest northern musical event, the Northern Music Awards has been launched yesterday at the Radach Memorial Hotel, Tamale.

The second (2nd) edition of the awards which is slated for 2nd June 2016 has 19 categories including Artiste of the year, most popular song of the year, highlife artiste of the year, dancehall artiste of the year, album of the year, female vocalist of the year, hiplife/hiphop artiste of the year, traditional song of the year, best collaboration of the year, best music video of the year, best group of the year, best rapper of the year, new artiste of the year, underground artiste of the year, best engineer of the year, hip hop song of the year, song writer of the year, most popular Upper East artiste of the year, most popular Upper West artiste of the year.

img1456911822751img1456911641954

 

The awards organized by Northern Vision Event seeks to identify and give recognition to artistes who have excel in their arts.

Speaking at the launch, the Chairman of the event, Mr. Mohammed Shaharan Suhuyini, the award scheme seeks to identify efforts of artistes and industry players.

img1456911796447 - Copyimg1456912155329 - Copy - Copy

 

img1456911920268 - Copyimg1456911958160 - Copy - Copy

img1456912316362

 

img1456911889342 - Copyimg1456912200822

 

He said, the Northern Vision Events is considering to have this year’s nomination forms be filled and submitted online to an entry yet to be announced. “Meanwhile, finalized hand filled forms, copies of videos and CDs should all be submitted to the office of Parinjani and some selected radio stations not later than 22nd March 2016”.

img1456912078721img1456912106023 - Copy - Copy

 

 

Mr. Shaharan urged all musicians as well as sound engineers across the length and breadth of the Northern Region for entries all works produced within the calendar year to be considered, adding that, nominations forms are free and available at Parinjani and Bishara Radion in Tamale. “The nominations will also be at Gmantambo Fm in Bimbilla, Eagle FM in Walewale and in Damongo”.

 

img1456912231174

img1456912272281img1456912037633 - Copyimg1456912014053

img1456912127668

The Event Chairman said, there are nine member committee whose responsibility is to work with the board in doing a comprehensive consultations and selection of competent nominees to contest for the various categories. “The board will be entitled to 40% of the votes while the general public takes the remaining 60%”.

img1456911988359img1456911593755

 

img1456911675601

 

Check Also

Taylor Swift announces first ‘vault’ song ‘You All Over Me’ with Maren Morris

HI. I wanted to let you know that the first “From the Vault” song I’m …

I opened the eyes of Northern music – Tuba Boaster boasted on Facebook

Source:savannanews24.com/Hamza Lansah Lolly: Melodious singer and songwriter, Tuba ‘Boaster’ Zak has taken to social media …

Ataaka “attacks” Maccasio in Cross and Die banger

Source:savannanews24.com: The lyrical sensation and rap heavyweight in Northern music Yakubu Issah known in showbiz …

NOMINEES FOR 2020 NORTHERN-GHANA ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS OUT

SOurce:savannanews24.com: Nominees for 2020 Northern-Ghana Entertainment Awards, the biggest annual entertainment awards ceremony in Northern Ghana …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *