Exfoliation is essential to achieving soft, smooth, beautiful skin. When shopping for body and facial scrubs, make sure the products contain healthy, natural ingredients that will exfoliate, nourish and protect your skin. Check out these five natural scrubs for your skin.
Here are the top 7 ways to get smooth skin.
One of the most important things you can do for smooth and glowing skin is drink plenty of water. Your aim should be to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. Water helps the body flush out toxins and waste. Avoid sugary drinks, alcohol and carbonated drinks. Also try to eat fruits and vegetables that are high in water content. Washing your face at least twice a day with water will also help improve your skin’s health and appearance.
Fenugreek is known worldwide for its healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can make a paste by mixing a few teaspoons of boiled milk and fenugreek leaves. Apply the paste as a face mask on regular basis to delay fine lines and wrinkles.
- To help heal pimples and clear away blackheads, boil one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a liter of water and apply it to the affected skin area. A face mask made of fenugreek leaves and turmeric is ideal for blackhead-prone skin.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice can be used to cleanse your skin, lighten spots and scars, as well as soften and smooth it.
- This citrus-rich fruit contains cleansing enzymes that remove dead skin cells and make your skin smoother and fresher. With its excellent astringent properties, lemon is a great natural cleanser for people who have oily skin.
- To lighten dark spots and acne marks, you can use freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it to your entire face and neck. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash the area with lukewarm water.
- For soft, smooth skin, mix lemon juice and egg whites and heat the mixture on low flame for a few seconds. Allow it to cool and then apply it to your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an effective scar and stretch mark remover. Some people can be allergic to the oil, so it is highly recommended to try it first on your inner wrist area before applying it to your face.
- To heal a pimple quickly, use a cotton swab to apply tea tree oil directly on the affected area every few hours. About one hour before going to bed, apply vitamin E oil and leave it on overnight.
Fresh tomato is an excellent natural skin toner, and tomato paste can help treat pimples.
- To make your skin soft and smooth, mash some fresh tomatoes in a blender or grinder. Apply the mashed tomato to your face. Leave it on for about five minutes and then wash it off with water. Daily use can help reduce the size of your pores and result in smoother, glowing skin.
- You can also use tomato paste to heal pimples. Apply it to the affected area and leave it on for an hour, then wash with water.
Papaya contains a natural enzyme known as papain that has antibacterial and wound-healing abilities. The enzyme also aids in removing dead, damaged skin.
- To use papaya as a skin toner, mash a few pieces of ripe papaya and apply it as a facial mask. Keep it on for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Regular application of papaya juice helps reduce freckles or brown spots due to sun exposure. For extra skin lightening effect, add a slice of lemon to the papaya juice.
Sugar is a fantastic exfoliant. It gently sloughs away dead skin cells and rough patches to reveal super soft, radiant skin underneath. Look for natural scrubs at the store, made from sugar, or create your own sugar scrub at home. Order Your Sugar Scrub.